Highly recognizable in their yellow and black uniforms, the Community Service Guides act as downtown good-will ambassadors, providing visitors with directions and assistance and also acting as “eyes and ears” for local law enforcement agencies to control nuisance behavior.
- Direct and assist visitors
- Escort employees and patrons
- Serve as eyes and ears for local law enforcement
- Document and report graffiti
- Deter aggressive panhandling
- Deter drinking in public
Hours of Operation
- Sunday – Thursday: 8 am – 6 pm
- Friday: 8 am – 10 pm
- Saturday: Noon – 10 pm
Old Sacramento Summer Hours: April – September daily from 10 am – 8pm
To request Guide service within the Downtown District, call 916-442-2200 or email guides(at)downtownsac.org. The DSP Guides are also on Twitter! Follow @DSPGuides for information on the latest downtown news events, and incidents.